Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My new toy!

I decided that I needed a new camera. Sort of like I needed those Steve Madden platform, peep toe, white patent leather 4" heels. Though I did get them on a clearance rack.


Ok, ok...maybe it was more want then need. But I wanted a new camera in a bad, bad way. I wasn't lucky enough to find the camera on a clearance rack, but I don't regret a penny that I spent on it. I've already gotten hours of entertainment out of it, which is more then I can say for the heels.


This is my new camera... I think it's kind of hot. For a camera. It's the Nikon Coolpix P80. It's got 18x optical zoom. That's going to be fun! It's got lots more dials and buttons and settings to screw with then my last camera. Don't get me wrong, I still love my old camera and it'll probably still get carted every where with me just because it's small and fits conveniently in my purse, but this new camera makes me drool.


There were quite a few reasons that I chose this particular camera. One, after my other camera, I love Nikon's. They are great and this one still felt very familiar to me even with all the cool new options. Two, PW, or rather one of PW's contributors Ivoryhut, inspired me with what can be done with an advanced point and shoot. Hers is a Canon, but this Nikon is basically the equivalent and I'm biased. I also think it's a great way to dip my toes into the great sea of photography without spending too much money or being overwhelmed. I really think playing with this camera will help me learn all about aperture, shutter speeds, exposure and all that other crap and then I can see if I want to spend the dough to step up into an SLR. I think this one should keep me busy for a little while atleast.


I've already taken almost 300 pictures just screwing around. Since the Christmas tree is the most interesting thing in my house at the moment (and I'm still having fun with macro) that is what you get.



And just in case you're curious (and because I need something other then the Christmas tree to take pics of)(and because they are very cute and fun but hell to wear, so I need to show them off some how) here is a pic of the heels...


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goodmornin tweety!!!
I'm loving reading your thoughts. Your tree was beautiful! I love the red & rope, very cute. The shoe comments were too funny. I can relate to the rain & snow. It has been especially intimidating for outdoor time, for sure. Nasty might fit?
Love your writing & pics...Love Mom

Sarah said...

I still LOVE those shoes. I'm a little jealous. Oooh! You could take pictures of all of your shoes and create a shoe catalog!

Anonymous said...

Way cute Steve Maddens! Isn't it funny how quickly the pictures add up? The first time I loaded mine with the new camera it said 299! What?! Thought it must be wrong! It wasn't though & now I'm up to closer to 500! GOTTA love digital! Can you believe that we used to have to wait a week before seeing our photos?! Lame! Thanks for the lunch hour entertainment!