Thursday, October 1, 2009

My Anniversary!

Wow! Did October totally sneak up on anyone else? Holy cow! I can't believe it's here already!


I meant to do this post before now, so I could hold the drawing on my actual anniversary, but since I'm a bum and can't seem to keep track of dates to save my life, I'm late. *sigh*


Anyways, I started this crazy blog a year ago October 3rd! I can't believe it's been a year already, this past year has just evaporated! I've had so much fun writing this blog, taking pictures for this blog, making blogger buddies...it's been quite an adventure!


For my anniversary I've got a completely original idea! I'm going to have a giveaway! I know, I know, I'm brilliant, aren't I?!? The things I come up with! lol The loot is yet to be determined and will depend on who wins it, but it will likely be a scintillating combination of Washington/Horsey/Twilight/Doggie/Kittie themed items. Whatever it is, it'll be grand, I promise!


To enter the Great Anniversary Giveaway (GAG) just answer this question in the comments...


What is your quirkiest habit and how long have you had it?

I know I touched on a few of my quirks here and probably a few other places that I can't remember right now. I believe I have yet to fess up to my quirkiest quirk to anyone but the boyfriend. It's weird. It's the one quirk that the boyfriend looks at me like I'm seriously nuts for. And I'll tell you all about it when I announce the winner of the drawing on October 13th.

So whip out the big guns, I want to hear all about your weirdness! We're all friends here! You have until 10:03 pm (get it? My anniversary is 10/3...10:03 pm...anyone? Anyone? *crickets*) PST Tuesday October 12th to tell me and I'll get you entered in the drawing for the super cool prize that is TBD!

I'll also do a super special bonus GAG drawing for everyone that answers this question...

What is your favorite post from this blog?

Is there one that sticks out in your mind? One that had some profound effect on you? One that you read and went wow, this chick is crazy? One that is simply memorable for whatever reason? Let me know! I like feedback and want to know exactly what you guys think, good or bad!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

WOW! One year already! Craziness! Hmmm...my quirk...oh, hair twisting! I've literally done it for as long as I've had hair! Makes me look like a ding bat, but I can't help it! And my fav post...I have a lot of favs, but maybe your first Twilight post, 'cause it really made me start thinking about reading the books. And it was all downhill from there. ;) Just think; this time last year I'd never even heard of Twilight! Now that missing part of my soul has been filled. He, he.

Paint Girl said...

Happy 1 Year Anniversary! Time goes by so fast, doesn't it?
I don't know if this counts as a quirky habit, but I have to put the toilet paper on the toilet paper roll the same way, with the t.p. that comes off on the top side. My OH is the same way, we can't stand it the other way!! Another one is I have to eat greasy food, like pizza, with a fork. I can't stand to get my hands greasy!
I like all your posts, they are all very well written and funny.

Sarah said...

Congratulations on your one year anniversary! Wow, time flies! I'm so glad you started this blog, it's been so fun! Hmmm, I'm not sure what my quirkiest habit is, I'll have to think about that. My favorite posts on here are usually the ones where you are working through issues on your ponies and sharing what works and what doesn't as well as working through your own internal debates. :-) We all have them! And of course I love your photos, especially of your cutie-pie Chey. Great Blog overall, I can't pick just one thing. :-)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Congrats!! Whooohoo! So happy for you!

Let me see...quirks. Well, I tend to be rather overwhelmed in crowds and social settings. I'm often confused on how to 'take people' in their expressions or mannerisms, so I end feeling awkward most of the time. I just smile a lot and hope that overcomes my short-comings. lol!
Oh! And I love love Runts! But my quirk is that none of the candy fruits must be combined in my mouth at the same time. The bananas are my fave! But they will never be mixed together with the oranges or limes or cherries on my watch. lol!

Hmmmm...favorite posts.

This one shocked the poo out of me!
http://furryfourleggedkids.blogspot.com/2009/03/holy-big-rod.html


And this one is my fave because of how you talked about Midori and how you came to have her and some of the struggles and challenges. And WOW! What a mane!


It's never boring over here. That's for sure. Here's to another year of blogging for you!

~Lisa
http://furryfourleggedkids.blogspot.com/2008/10/midori.html

Pony Girl said...

Congrats on the anniversary!! That is a huge accomplishment...a lot of typing, LOL!
Quirky habits? I have a lot of habits, not sure if they are quirky (like chewing my nails.) I have to check and make sure I have turned off the oven/iron/heat when I leave on vacation. I am not completely OCD, just OC, hee hee! I only go back once to check!
Hmm....hard to pic just one post, but the Twihard one made me laugh because I can so relate to the excitement! ;)