Tuesday, October 13, 2009

G.A.G.

Well here we are, October 13th already. Again, time is just flying lately. I swear I just posted about entering the G.A.G. and now it's time for the drawing. Where does time go?!?

Before I get into the winners of the G.A.G. I told y'all I'd fess up to what I believe is the quirkiest of all of my quirky habits. It's nothing spectacular, but it is definately weird. Please don't think less of me.

Here goes...

I have issues with washing socks. I don't mind doing laundry all that much, my issues are with socks in particular. I will stick my hand in dirty socks to turn them right-side-out no problem. Well, most of the time no problem. Sometimes during the summer I have a problem with the boyfriends socks after a particularly hot day, but that's another story.

Now, here is the weird part. If I miss a sock and it comes out of the dryer inside-out, I have to turn it right-side-out and then wash it again. No clue why, but I feel like I stretched it out or dirtied it in some weird way if I turn it right-side-out after it's washed.

Yes, I do have issues and I do realize exactly how ridiculous this sounds.

Here is where it gets even weirder (if that's even possible) and where the boyfriend looks at me like I've totally lost it...if I find one of the boyfriends socks in the clean clothes that is inside-out, I will go hand it to the boyfriend and make him turn it right-side-out and then I will go along my merry way putting it away. That is okay. It's not dirty because it was his sock and he turned it right-side-out. If he's not around and I have to turn his sock right-side-out, back in the wash it goes. My socks don't usually get turned inside-out, but if they do, I will usually wash them again.

*blushes*

Ok, now that you all think I'm a total weirdo, let's give away some prizes!

Thanks to those of you that commented and fessed up to some of your quirks! It's nice to know that every one has them, even if they aren't as crazy weird as mine. ;) jrosey, I twirl my hair too, constantly! Paint Girl - totally there with you on the TP. Lisa I have to seperate the colors when I eat Skittles, or I chose carefully which ones I do combine. And Pony Girl, I unfortunately do not have moments of panic like that and have left the stove on more then once. Oops!

Now, since I only got 5 comments/entries (a very sad day for me!) I have decided that instead of having 2 drawings and leaving 3 of you out, all 5 of you get something! WOHOO!!!

Here are your choices:

1. I will preorder a copy of the Pioneer Woman Cookbook from Amazon for you. It is scheduled to be released October 27th. I really can't wait to get my paws on this cookbook and preordered mine as soon as it was available! I have made many, many, many of the recipes on her website and they are always delicious and HUGE hits at parties or with friends!

2. The Mystery Gift Package, which will be some combination of my fave wine, coffee, chocolates or candy with something horsey, Twilighty, doggy or kitty thrown in. You'll have to let me know your preferences or tell me to take a stab at it and surprise you.

Send me an email (furryfourleggedkids@gmail.com) and let me know what's floatin' your boat! And thanks so much for participating and reading my blog!!!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

M.O.N.I.C.A. You are SO Monica!! He, he. Too funny about the socks. I seriously sat here snickering. Only now I'm slightly disappointed in myself for not digging deeper for my biggest quirk. Now that you've inspired me with your O.C.D. I can think of something better than hair twisting. I think I really do have a slight case of O.C.D. in that I kinda have to feel "balanced". I think that's the only way to describe it. For example, if I scratch my neck, I have to scratch the other side so it's "even". If I hit my knee I've been known to bonk the other one too...and so on and so forth. I don't do this all the time though. Maybe only if the stars are aligned just so. Totally weird. Now I'm blushing... ;)

Patches said...

HA! Hahahahaha You crack me up! That is great! I think mine is still weirder, but that's a good one! And the Monica thing...oy! Too funny!

Paint Girl said...

I actually have an issue with the socks too, I totally forgot about that! When my OH takes his work jeans off, his socks usually end up stuck inside out in the pant legs. When I go to do the laundry, I get so mad at him, I also make him turn his socks the right way before I wash. I can't stand sticking my hand into a dirty inside out sock!
I never have that problem with my socks either!

Mom said...

Wow...your generous! I figured I would not enter since I'm family. Too fun for your friends. Love Mom

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I just wanted to stop in and say a huge thank you!
I, too have freaky issues with laundry. I don't even like to touch dirty laundry and have to pick it up with my 'pinchers'.

I also have an issue with clothes that don't lay flat if they are on a flat surface or on a chair. I have to go back and flip them down or straighten them...or I will walk away and feel so odd and 'twitchy' that I just have to return and fix it. Weird, huh?


~Lisa