Monday, June 15, 2009

Dog For Sale!

New owner must not take any pride in their yard or have any attachment to their flowers, especially tulips and potted plants.

I can hardly even talk about this. I certainly can't even look at my dog right now. She is SO on my shit list right now. Being cute isn't even helping her with this one.
Remember these pots that I planted on my deck? The ones that I blogged about just a couple days ago? These big, beautiful pots that I was so proud of myself for not killing?



Well, Cheyanne helped me out with that...


Notice the big, tall, beautiful and thriving flower in the back is missing? Look at the next picture up, then come back to this one. Ya, totally massacred. Pieces of it all over the lawn. Still, the rest of this one fared pretty well.


This one on the other hand...



Not so much. Take a look at how the mini petunias in front were draping over the side so perfectly in the very top picture. Not any more! This pot was toast.
And keep in mind this was after we cleaned up and salvaged what we could, hunting down anything with roots left on the lawn, and put them back together. This was not what they looked like when we found them.

Cute isn't going to help her on this one. I don't think anything short of shitting solid gold bars would help me not be mad at her right now.


5 comments:

Groomer Angie said...

If she's like mine, she's looking at you as if to say "I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself" Hope they bounce back for you.

Jessica said...

Ooh, that little BUGGER! Can't believe her! There are plenty of plants that are supposed to be "deer proof", but sounds like you could benefit from some "Aussie proof" plants! Aargh!

Paint Girl said...

Oh no! Bad Chey! I just had a feeling when I read the title to this post, that she did something very bad.
Sadie likes to dig, but she doesn't dig in the flower beds, only in the lawn. So we are constantly filling holes in the grass.
I hope there is some way that you can keep her out of your potted plants! They were beautiful!!

Mom said...

Oh my goodness! That doggy! Hope your new plan works..... Love Mom

Welcome To Wilmoth Farms said...

ummmmm all I can say is been there done that and still going through it with my lab.....I wonder just how much money in flowers i've wasted so far!