Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Hibernating for winter

What is it with this time of year and my complete lack of motivation to do...well, pretty much anything?

It's annoying, that's what it is! I'm sick of it. I'm tired of being in hibernation mode. I want to not have to fight with myself to get something done in the evening. I want to be able to go out and jump on my horse when I get home from work and not dread the cold or decide I don't feel like being out in the weather because I'm a weenie and bag the whole idea. Again. I want to look outside at the sun and blue skies and not get shivers because, while it is a nice day, I know it's also 20 degrees out there. I want to see green leaves on trees and flowers coming up and hear birds chirping. I want to have more then 45 minutes of day light when I get home, though that is an improvement over the 3 minutes of daylight I had just a month ago. I want to be able to wear my new heels (see previous post) without having to worry about stepping in a mud puddle with them or my feet turning purple in the 15 seconds it takes me to walk to my truck because I don't have thick socks on and it's freezing cold out.

I miss my horse. I miss seeing more then her head and her legs from the knees down because she's all bundled up in her cozy water and weather proof blanket. I'm ready for her to not be a muddy, extremely hairy mess. Not looking forward to the actual shedding part, but I'm definately ready for the summer coat.

I'm tired of winter. I'm tired of cold. I'm tired of darkness. I'm also just tired. I want summer already! Or atleast spring. I need some vitamin D.

On a not so depressing note...it's only partly cloudy today, no precipitation in the forecast and a somewhat mild 40 degrees. I might actually stay motivated to get on my horse tonight. Yeehaw!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN! It's like we occupy the same brain! I'm always nodding my head to everything you say! ;) I've been thinking the EXACT same thoughts lately. Esp. the part about the daylight. While I definitely appreciate the improvment over what we had a month ago I WANT MORE!!! I probably say this every year, but I don't think I've EVER been so anxious for spring!

Sarah said...

Ditto!!