Friday, January 9, 2009

My brand of heroin

Wow. I feel like I'm 12 years old, obsessing over the cute boy in math class or something. I really, really cannot get Twilight off the brain lately. Again. I finished re-reading the entire series a week or so ago and have been trying to focus on other things since then. I was doing pretty good for a while. Ok, like 5 days, but still, that's pretty good. Then I started missing Forks and the Cullens. Missing them like I miss my horse when I don't ride for a few days or like I would guess I'd miss the boyfriend if he ever left for any length of time.

Finally, last night I couldn't take it any more. I needed a Twilight fix and I needed it bad! Somehow I ended up at Borders. I didn't need to be there, I hadn't exactly planned to go there, but I found excuses. Then Borders just happened to have a whole table dedicated to everything Twilight right up front. I didn't have a snowball's chance in hell. I walked out of there with the magnet set and Twilight: The Complete Illustrated Movie Companion. Cuz I needed them and all. I am such a nerd. It worked though, I got my fix. I was a happy girl last night.

Then I see this morning that Twilight the movie is available for preorder on dvd already. Crap. The frenzy started all over again.

So now I've got the dvd preordered, along with the Official Guide and I threw in a soundtrack (already available) just to be thorough. I don't know when I will actually get either of the preordered items, I didn't see any actual release dates, but as soon as they are released I'm going to have one in my hot little hands! I can't wait!

On a not entirely unrelated subject...one of the "other things" I've been trying to focus on is The Host, Stephenie Meyer's other book. I've been struggling to get into it though. It starts out a little slow and weird. Plus, after Twilight, I figure reading anything else is going to be something like eating hamburger after filet mignon. After I was satisfied with my Twilight fix last night I decided to force myself to read just one more chapter in The Host before I went to bed. Over an hour and 4 1/2 chapters later, I realized I had reached the "BAM, you're hooked" part of the book. Twilight had it and I guess it shouldn't surprise me that The Host does too.

Up until last night I wasn't terribly worried about The Host. I figured nothing could touch my Twilight addiction. But now I'm not so sure. I hope I'm not finding another brand of heroin that I can't put down. I don't know if there's enough room in my head for both addictions and I'm pretty sure there isn't enough time in my day for either!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok...I'm having fun reading your thoughts. Your a cutie! Your so funny!!! Great job on your writings tweety! Love ya Mom

Amers425 said...

MUAH AH AH AH AH!!! :-)