Saturday, May 30, 2009

What the... ?!?

Could someone please tell me just what the heck kind of deer this is? I'm pretty sure it's not native to the area. It's certainly not the typical little black tails you see!



I think this little guy may be one of the babies of the odd ball group of deer we saw hanging around the neighborhood about this time last year. Of course I didn't get any pictures of them at all, but we saw them quite a few times. There were two does and three babies. One of the does looked like this guy and the other one was all white. Not albino, it had dark eyes and no pink skin that I saw, but white. I guess she would actually be grey in the horse world, but not sure if it's the same in the deer world. The white doe's baby was mostly white with some brown spots. The other doe's twins pretty much had this coloring.

Makes me wonder where the rest of the clan is. I wouldn't mind seeing them again. I'd love to get some pictures to prove that I wasn't imagining them! :-)

6 comments:

Mom said...

Oh my goodness!!!! Looks like a critter from africa? Love Mom

Ed said...

Looks like a young whitetail buck who has'nt lost his spots yes. Nice pics..Ed

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Wow! Have no idea, but he sure is beautiful!

~Lisa

Groomer Angie said...

Oh you HAVE to get pictures of that group, how cool!

Welcome To Wilmoth Farms said...

Looks like a white tail deer that hasnt lost his spots...BUT it seems a little big for still having spots..and kinda long...hmmm my guess is a white tale..

Anonymous said...

Do you have a game farm anywhere near where you live? Looks like a Chital, also known as Axis deer which are popular game farm quarry http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chital
Google for Axis deer and you'll find pictures galore. Hope that helps ;)