Friday, May 8, 2009

B&A - The Office!

Yay! I was finally able to get the after pictures of the office yesterday! WOHOO!

I know you guys have been waiting on the edges of your chairs for this, just biting your nails. Sorry for the wait! The nice weather was calling my name with outdoor projects aplenty. Luckily (for the office project) the weather this past week has been rather crappy and I had time to finish it up.


Unfortunately, when I went looking for before pictures I realized, yet again, that I'm totally fired because I don't really have any good ones. Doh!


This was the room when we first bought the house. It's not the greatest angle, but it's all I've got. The walls actually look white in these pictures, but I assure you they were not. My mom pointed out that they were a nice flesh tone. She pretty much nailed it. I'm sure everyone wants skin colored walls, but I just had to paint over it.


I did a B&A of the closet here. It looks just a tad bit different. The door on the left goes into the master bath. You can walk thru the bathroom to the master bedroom on the other side.

This is that corner now...


I still need to actually pot the palms in their pots instead of just setting their plastic pots in their permanent pots, but you get the idea.


Then you may remember this wall from the closet B&A. Sadly, minus the pile of crap in the middle of the floor that I had pulled out of the closet, that's the way the room looked on any given day. Messy desk, boxes piled along the wall, blobs of blankets...




This is that wall now...


Slight improvement, eh?


Want to see my favorite part of those shelves?


Let's take a look...



My hard back Twilight series, along with the Host (also by Stephenie Meyer) were the first things to go on the shelves, top left. In case you're new to FFLK, I'm a Twihard. I have OCD, Obsessive Cullen Disorder. I'm a Twilight addict. Luckily, I've been able to keep my obsession under control for a while now, but it does come back to visit every once in a while. Next to the books is a trophy from one of the most fun drill rides I've had. It was the first time riding our Jungle Girls quad of the year, we had only practiced our new drill a couple times, but went in, hauled booty and totally rocked it! I rememer running out of that arena with HUGE smiles on all of our faces. It was a blast! That's the kind of drilling I like to do! Next to that is my favorite frame that I found to decorate with. It's squares of shiny, iridescenty shell. Very pretty! And above that are some pretty green hurricane candle holder thingy majigers. I love them! Not sure what to put in them, but I love them.


Ok, back to B&A...


Next we have my craft table. It's a beautiful wood pub height table that I totally scored on at Macy's scratch and dent furniture store that I happened to end up at on a day that they had all their tables 50% off with an additional 15% off if you used your card. $100. SCORE! I love my craft table!


This is when I first got it. I had just tried out this little shelf and pictures on it. It was better then nothing!


Eventually I filled up all that empty space underneath it with boxes. Lots of boxes! Most of those boxes were unpacked to the super, duper organized closet or put on the book shelves. Yay!


Here is my craft table now...



I know, I know...still with the boxes underneath. But those are packed up, ready to go up to the barn loft for storage. They just haven't made it yet. Honest!


Now on the shelf is pictures of family and friends, a zen water fountain thingy, a lamp and a bromeliad plant. There is also a Citrus Cilantro reed diffuser that I found at Pier 1. Have you smelled the Citrus Cilantro reed diffuser from Pier 1?!? Oh. My. Goodness! It smells like limes and cilantro and makes me want a margarita, guacamole and pico de gallo all at the same time. On the beach. Not sure how exactly it manages all of that, but it smells positively delightful and I had to have it for my office.


I also found these throw pillows at Pier 1 and I think they very appropriately perked up the black recliner. Oh, they were on clearance too. I love clearance!






There is also this computer desk in the corner to the left of the door...




And I have a whole little project planned out for the wall between the door and the desk that involves some little shelves and lots of picture frames. But that'll have to wait for another day.



So this is my office. I am totally in love with it!





It's definately got a nice tropical, airy feel to it. The color on the walls is Teal Ice, the ceiling is Waterfall Mist and the closet is Tropical Dream. The tie breakers on all those colors was their names. The walls really are a lot more teal then they look in the pictures too.

It turned out beautifully! I still have some little things to get, like floor pillows (I still like being able to stretch out on the floor for scrapbooking) and some larger investments, like an area rug, but those things will just have to wait. I love the way it came together! I couldn't be happier with it!

4 comments:

Paint Girl said...

It looks awesome! Love the colors, the curtains, your table, love it all!
I have been meaning to re-do my office, I already have everything planned out in my head, I just need to do it! Seeing yours complete, makes me want to get mine done NOW! I guess I'll have plenty of time very soon!

Jessica said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT! Can't wait to see it in person!! The teal ice is so perfect, especially with the dark accents. I love the flowy curtains, too. I also REALLY love those pillows on the recliner. Awesome job. As I sit here in my craft/computer room surrounded by Dr. Seuss piles and a hodgepodge of miscellaneous furniture, I have to say I'm just a teeny bit envious! ;) That's okay, I'll just invite myself over to get crafty in the tropics with you!

Mom said...

Wow....looks awesome kiddo!!!! I'm lovin it! & you... Mom

Sarah said...

The finished product looks so great! I especially like the curtains, hehe. ;-)

What a nice retreat you created for yourself. :-)