Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Great Clipper Encounter 2009

I've been saying I was going to do it every single spring that I've owned Midori. This year I finally did it. I body clipped my horse. She is really naked now and I love it!


Every winter she grows the most insane coat regardless of blankets, stalls, etc. I have not been able to slow it once. This year seemed exceptionally long and thick since they only had blankets and trees to stand under, no stalls.


She's been shedding pretty good for a few weeks now but was still extremely hairy and I decided that since it was nice outside and I didn't want to put up with the hair any more, today was the day.


This is Midori before the Great Clipper Encounter of 2009.



Here we go! No turning back now!


And this is after the main part of it.


She's almost the buckskin I've always wanted! hehe


And here is the carnage...


It took me about an hour to do her body with big clippers and then another 3 hours or so to touch it up and get her legs and other tight spots that the big clippers couldn't get. So, 3 very dull blades and 2 dead batteries later, I have a very pretty pony! It was a fun day and really nice to actually get that done! I'm so excited about how great she looks de-fuzzed!

4 comments:

Paint Girl said...

Wow! What a difference! You did a great job. I have never body clipped my horses before, but seriously consider it every year! I get so tired of the fuzzy hair!

Jessica said...

Wowzers! What a process! Bet she feels better! She's lookin' good!

Sarah said...

Sexy pony! ;-)

Mom said...

Pretty baby!!!! Oh boy, dull blades for Tango..... Love Mom