Monday, April 6, 2009

Sun!

Bee-u-tee-ful sun!

Since I was a total rock star last weekend got at least a million and twelve things accomplished (okay, so it was more like 3, but they were big things!) I decided to just kick back, relax and enjoy the sunshine a bit tonight.


You know what relaxing and enjoying the sunshine means? Playing with the ponies and taking lots of pictures!


Here are a few of my favorites from the day.


I was trying to shoot the sun peeking out over Midori's neck, but she wouldn't stand still. This was the best I could do.



Then I decided to sit down in a corner of her paddock to get some pictures from a different angle. Thought it might be interesting.




Then she snarfed me.




So I shooed her away and she went to the opposite corner to pout.



Then I realized I had an audience.



The blackberry bushes behind me were full of little birds.



When I was done crawling around in the paddocks I noticed these cute little flowers. They are the only flowers I found on the property, other then dandelions, and though they weren't very impressive, it gave me something else to shoot. Trying to get the flowers in focus, the sun to shine thru them just right and Sug to cooperate so I had a horse silhouette in the background was tough work! I still don't think I totally hit it, but it's a cute enough picture.


Then I got to sit on the porch and eat the first barbecued bratwurst of the year with a beautiful view of the mountain, blue skies and the moon.


Does it get any better?

4 comments:

Paint Girl said...

Oh this is so funny! First I love your pictures you took today.
The weather here was also gorgous! I got to spend the day with my horses, actually all my critters, and than guess what I had for dinner? Same as you, the first bbq bratwurst of the year! I wonder how many others did the same thing?!? :)

Mom said...

Ahhhhh, loved the sweet birdies !!! My favorite is the close up horse face....I laughed sooooo hard. The Mt & moom shot is a wonderful sight. Love Mom

Amers425 said...

70 DEGREES ON SUNDAY AND OUT TRAIL RIDING!! I LOVE IT!! I AM GLAD YOU ARE ENJOYING THE WEATHER TOO!

Andrea said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day! I love days like that...and that first photo is fantastic. Great shots! :)